Friday, August 26, 2011

The trip to Florida of DOOM!!!!

Yes the trip was that bad for me.It was fun at times but the bad out weighed the good. First we drove all night from Illinois through Kentucky to Tennessee through Alabama.I had to sleep in the front seat because the stuff we had filled the trunk and went into the backseat. So it was very uncomfortable. Not to mention that I couldn't fall back asleep when I woke up.So I had 2-4 hours of sleep. But that was better than mom. She drove there none stop and stayed up that day. I say that the Mt. Dews had a hand in that. The place we were going to in Florida was panama city beach.We got milk and other varrious items that we needed. From here we went to St. Andrew state park. We found our place to camp at and proceded to go to the beach when we found it.

        Once we had gotten a parking spot we got pre-pared to go. That ment finding a place to change into our suits. Then we had the most important meal of the day. Warmish milk and cereal. we had to make sure to eat all of it or when we got back the milk would be bad.Then mom rubbed us with sun screen and we were ready to go. Garbriel and Ashlyn (my brother and sister) didn't want to carry anything. I was about to throw some of the stuff back but mom got them to carry some sand toys while we carried the blankets, bags, and the boards. Then we climbed the stairs and saw the ocean.Here is were I have to say that it was amazing. It was like something from a movie or a dream. Man I am not the kind of person how would have said that but it is the only way I can discribe it. People who have been to the ocean know what I am talking about right. Well me and my sibilings were ready to go into the water. Mom stopped us and got us to put the stuff down and wait for her. The ocean was cool. I saw fish and shells. Then that is were the badness started I guess. It started when I lost my mask. I was taking it off and walking back to mom when a big wave came from behind and knocked it out of my hands. I tried to get it back and so did mom but it was gone. Well after that I didn't use a mask for fear of losing that one. So I stayed on the board riding the waves. Then mom and Gab and Ash wanted to go down farther. They left me and went down the beach. Well I guess mom thought that I could handle that. She forgot that I am not that great of a swimmer.I nearly drowned 5 times it seemed before I was able to get to shore. Then I put the board up and got my brother or mom's mask. Then I went down the beach to them and told them what happend. Let's say that I was not happy. So we stayed down there until mom relized that Gabriel was not with us anymore. He was nowhere near us. Mom stared to panick thinking that he was kidnapped or out to sea. She told me to run as fast as I could to the towel. I ran there and low and behold there was gabriel getting the board. The little thing almost gave me a heart attack. That and almost drowning with only the people near me helping me instead of my mom I was not one happy camper. Mom was torn between killing gabriel or breaking down crying. She chose neither and made us sit on the blanket for punishment. Well we went backinto the water for a little while then left our stuff and went to our camp site. That was fun. We help mom set up the tent and take the cooler out and put the milk and other items that need to be kept cold in it.When the tent was all set up we ate then went to the main building. The reason is I have no clue and don't really care.
         Okay so this is where it starts to get really bad. Little info for you. It said on the weather forecast that it would have a chance of rain all three days that we were staying. This will play into one of the really bad things on this vacation. Okay After that we went back to the beach and to my suprise our stuff was still there. Relize that I am not the most trusting of people. so we went back into the water. We found some really cool shells.Maybe I will take some pictures of them and post them. Anyway then I was on the waves trying to see the shells there. We went to the end next to the jetty and stayed there for a while. The next thing I knew mom was saying come on lets go. I asked her why and she said with Anger in her voice Look at me I am a lobster. I looked and sure enough her legs were red. I said okay and we left. We went to the site and I went to the showers. Later we roasted hot dogs. I hate hot dogs but I ate one anyway because I was hungry. Then we roasted marshmellos but since we had no gram crackers we a them plain. Then we laid out a palte out of sleeping bags since it was way to humid to sleep without. Then seeing how it was too early to go to bed we went through the site and got in to the shore of the bay. And on the shore of the bay were hermit crabs. Big groups of them just sitting there. I would have taken one home with me but one of the park rules is that you can't take living creatures home with you. I would have done it any way but they said that they will do inspections. That made me not do it. But when we were leaving they did no inspection so they were lieing.Anyway there also was crabs. they lived in little holes in the ground. I loved scaring them and sinding them back to the holes. Also we went back to the beach at night. We found many shells and I kept seing little white crabs. I picked one up. It move to much so I dropped it and it went into the ocean. Of course Ashlyn had to ruin it and stared to fuss. When that didn't work she started to yell and cry. We went back just to shut her up. We got in to the tent and we were just going to sleep when it started to rain. The next day I woke up early and me and the kids are alone so I have to finish later.

No comments:

Post a Comment